Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Leg Updates

A lot of you have expressed concern about the medical treatment I have received. I know they made a few mistakes along the way, but I am in good care now. The orthopedist (not the ER doctors) has been handling the situation since last week. He said that my leg needed more support than the flimsy gauze it was wrapped in, so another POP was necessary. This time he insisted that he manage the entire procedure, and wrap excessive amounts of cotton around the burned area so I feel absolutely no pain. This guy was great!

I now have a 'walking cast' made of POP, which looks similar to an ordinary cast you'd see in the US. I'm supposed to start putting a little bit more weight on it each day for the next three weeks, but never to walk without crutches.

Thank you all for being concerned. Like I said, I'm receiving very good care now. In a few weeks, I may be rid of this POP altogether!
Hakuna Matata!

No comments:

Post a Comment